Beans Poriyal Recipe
How to make Beans Poriyal
Beans poriyal is a traditional South Indian dish made using green beans, spices, curry leaves and grated coconut. You can have this delicious sabzi for lunch or even for dinner.
- Total Cook Time 20 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 10 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Beans Poriyal
- 225-250 gm French beans
- 2 tbsp Oil, any neutral flavored oil or coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3/4 tsp Urad dal (split husked black gram)
- 2 Dry red chillies, whole or broken and deseeded
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder (ground turmeric)
- A pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
- 10-12 Curry leaves
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh grated coconut or desiccated coconut or frozen grated coconut
- Water, 1/2 cup or as required
- Salt, as required
How to Make Beans PoriyalHideShow Media
Start by heating oil in a kadhai. Once the kadhai is hot, add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
Once it splutters, add the dry red chillies, curry leaves, turmeric powder and hing. Mix it well.
Add the chopped beans and saute it in the spices. Add water and salt, let it cook for a while.
Once the beans are cooked, the poriyal is ready!