Beetroot and Avocado Tartare Recipe
A light, healthy snack that is perfect for any season. This tartare is easy to make and tastes absolutely delicious.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Beetroot and Avocado Tartare
- 120gm beetroot
- Seasonings, as per taste
- 20ml sunflower oil
- 60gm avocado
- 30gm cucumber
- For the marination
- 10ml lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 10ml water
- 1 tsp sesame seed paste
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- For the Avocado Marination with Spicy Mayo
- 30gm egg-less Mayonnaise (ready to use)
- 5gm chilli garlic paste
- For the Garnish
- 5 tsp roasted poppy seeds
- 3 gm blanched edamame pods/ green peas
- 5 gm Kimchi dressing (ready to use)
How to Make Beetroot and Avocado TartareHideShow Media
1. Wash and peel the beetroots. Season them with salt and pepper, and rub with oil. Wrap them in silver foil and roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 140 degree Celsius until they are cooked. Cool, and cut into small dices.
2. Peel the avocado and cut into small dices.
3. Slice cucumber into rounds and arrange on a plate in concentric circles.
4. To make the marinade, mix together all the ingredients, and add beetroot and avocado to the it. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
5. Take a round mould, and neatly layer the beetroot at the base, followed by a layer of avocado. Finish with a layer of beetroot on top, sprinkling some poppy seeds between each layer.
6. Garnish with blanched edamame / green peas, and serve with kimchi.