How to make Bengali Lamb Curry
About Bengali Lamb Curry Recipe: A delicious, full of flavour lamb recipe that would leave you asking more. Lamb marinated in a yogurt base, cooked with onions, garlic and chillies. Garnished with almonds, this is the perfect dish to prepare for a dinner party with family and friends. when paired with rice or chapati.
Ingredients of Bengali Lamb Curry
- 4-5 drumsticks of lamb
- 1 1/2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp castor sugar
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2-3 tbsp mustard oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tsp ginger paste
- 3 tsp garlic paste
- 5-6 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 5-6 almonds, chopped
How to Make Bengali Lamb Curry
- 1.Marinate the lamb with yoghurt, turmeric powder, castor sugar, salt, red chilli powder and some mustard oil.
- 2.Heat mustard oil in a pan, add onion, ginger paste, garlic paste and saute. Once the garlic turns brown, add the marinated lamb, green chillies and water. Allow it to simmer.
- 3.Boil mustard seeds in water and blend to a fine paste. Add the paste to the lamb and cook till done.
- 4.Garnish with chopped almonds and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: drumsticks of lamb, yogurt, turmeric powder, castor sugar, red chilli powder, mustard oil, onion, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, mustard seeds, almonds