How to make Wasabi and Broccoli Soup
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Thousand cultures, thousand flavors. We love Asia's diversity. We stir up a different yet simple 'Broccoli Soup'. A French technique with an Asian infusion of wasabi.
Ingredients of Wasabi and Broccoli Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- Olive oil
- 1/2 garlic, chopped fine
- 1 bowl broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 tsp wasabi
- Some cheese (here the chef as used blue stilton cheese)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 potato, chopped into small cubes
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 apple, chopped
- Red chilly flakes
How to Make Wasabi and Broccoli Soup
- 1.Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the onions. Now toss in the garlic.
- 2.Throw in the broccoli now.
- 3.Add some water to this which will help the broccoli cook.
- 4.Halfway through add the wasabi and some cheese.
- 5.Mix well. Now add the cream.
- 6.Add this mixture to a blender and blend well. Keep aside.
- 7.Now in another add some oilve oil and fry the potatoes till they become nice and brown.
- 8.Once done, drain of all oil and seaon the potatoes with some salt. Keep aside
- 9.Now for the apple compote, heat some butter in a pan, add the chopped apple and a pinch of sugar.
- 10.Let it simmer till the apple becomes gooey and brown.
- 11.Pour out the soup in a bowl garnish with the fried potatoes and red chilly flakes.
- 12.Serve with the apple compote.
Key Ingredients: Olive oil, broccoli, wasabi, Red chilly flakes