How to make Chane Ki Dal
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
An everyday dal made with bengal gram and flavors of cumin, coriander, chillies, garam masala and tomatoes.
Ingredients of Chane ki Dal
- 1 cup chane ki dal (Bengal Gram)
- 5 cups water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup grated tomatoes
- 2-3 green chillies-slit
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp powdered coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
How to Make Chane ki Dal
- 1.Pick, clean and wash the dal and cook with the water, salt, turmeric and ginger, till soft. Heat ghee and add the cumin and bay leaves.
- 2.When the seeds splutter, add the tomatoes and stir fry till the fat separates.
- 3.Add the green chillies, garam masala, dhania, chilli powder and mix well. Add the dal to this mixture and bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 4.Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: 1 cup chane ki dal (Bengal Gram), 5 cups water, 1 Tbsp salt, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 Tbsp finely chopped ginger, 2 Tbsp ghee, 2-3 green chillies-slit, 1/2 tsp garam masala,