Chicken Curry with Coconut Recipe
How to make Chicken Curry with Coconut
A quick and flavorsome chicken curry enhanced with coconut, tamarind, coriander leaves, chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Total Cook Time 50 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Chicken Curry with Coconut
- 1 kg chicken (broiler)-skinned and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup coconut-fresh, grated
- 1 Tbsp green, chilli-chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 whole red chillies-broken into half
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 Tbsp tamarind thick pulp
- 1 cup coconut milk-light or canned
- Coriander leaves for garnish
How to Make Chicken Curry with CoconutHideShow Media
Place the coconut in a dish and cook uncovered, at high heat for 3 minutes (or dry roast in a pan.
Grind to a paste along with the green chillies.
Put the oil and whole red chillies in a dish and cook covered at high heat for 1 minute.
Add the ginger-garlic paste, mix well, and then add the chicken.
Mix well to coat.
Cook covered at high heat for 10 minutes, stirring once.
Add the coconut paste, chilli powder, turmeric, salt and 1 cup hot water.
Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, adjusting consistency if desired.
Mix in the rest.
Add tamarind and coconut milk, cook covered for 5 minutes.
Serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves.