How To Make Chicken Shami Kebab
About Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe: When it comes to starters, Chicken Shami Kebab is one of the best non-vegetarian snacks to be served. You will not only love eating it, but also enjoy cooking this quick snack. Shami kebabs are succulent minced chicken/lamb with chana dal with spicy masala filling inside and crispy fried on the outside. Perfect for a dinner party during winters, it can be served with coriander or mint chutney,
Ingredients of Chicken Shami Kebab
- 1 Cup Chana Dal
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 7-8 nos Cloves
- 7-8 nos Black Peppercorns
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 3 nos Red Chilli Whole
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 500 gram Boneless Chicken
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 2 nos Green Chilli
- 2 tsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves , chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves , chopped
- 2 nos Egg
How to Make Chicken Shami Kebab
- 1.Soak 1 cup of chana dal for at least 30 minutes.
- 2.In a pressure cooker heat oil and add cumin seeds, cloves, black peppercorns, cinnamon, coriander seeds, ajwain, red chilli and chilli flakes. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 3.Now add the soaked chana dal and mix thoroughly.
- 4.Add the boneless chicken and salt. Bring to simmer, adding required quantity of water.
- 5.Cook until all the water has evaporated and chicken is tendered.
- 6.Let it cool for some time and then grind all the ingredients to a thick paste.
- 7.In the paste add ginger, green chilli, garlic, coriander leaves and mint leaves. Mix all the ingredients to combine well.
- 8.Now add the raw eggs liquid and mix thoroughly.
- 9.Using your palm make the kebabs of any desired shape and size, generally flat round shape.
- 10.Now dipping in egg fluid shallow fry the kebabs from both sides till golden brown.
- 11.You can serve the kebabs hot with chutney of your choice.
Oil, Cumin Seeds
, Black Peppercorns, Cinnamon
, Coriander Seeds
, Ajwain, Red Chilli Whole, Chilli Flakes, Boneless Chicken, Salt
, Water, Ginger
, Green Chilli, Garlic
, Coriander Leaves , Mint Leaves , Egg