How to make Chocolate Prunes Gujiyas
About Chocolate Prunes Gujiyas Recipe: Indian sweet gujiyas are sweet dumplings made of maida or flour and filled with a sweet and nutty stuffing that no one can resist during the festival of Holi. The crisp outer layer cracks in the mouth for the sweet filling to take on your senses. There are many versions of the gujiya made with different fillings, here is a delicious gujiya recipe with dark chocolate and nut stuffing that you can easily prepare at home.
Ingredients of Chocolate Prunes Gujiyas
- For Gujiya Pastry:
- 300 refined flour
- 100 ghee
- 100 water
- 3 salt
- For Gujiya Stuffing:
- 60 dark chocolate
- 60 prunes
- 80 mawa
- 80 sugar
- A pinch of cardamom
How to Make Chocolate Prunes Gujiyas
- 1.First, make dough from refined flour, ghee and water. Knead the dough nicely and keep it a side for 30 minutes.
- 2.Make the stuffing for gujiya by cooking mawa on slow heat, add chopped prunes, sugar and cardamom and at last put dark chocolate.
- 3.Now take the log of the dough, divide it into equal parts, and make small ball out of it and keep under moistened cloth, which will avoid drying.
- 4.Roll each ball with the help of rolling pin and with your fingertips apply water on the circumference of the rolled dough ball.
- 5.Put one spoon of stuffing and press gently both side edges so that it is sealed properly so that the stuffing does not come out while frying.
- 6.However, it is best to make pleated edges as the stuffing gets sealed well and the gujiya looks visually appealing. Just keep on folding and twisting the edges till the end.
- 7.Now deep fry all the gujiyas to golden brown colour and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: For Gujiya Pastry:, refined flour, ghee, water, salt, For Gujiya Stuffing:, dark chocolate, prunes, mawa, sugar, cardamom