How to make Cous Cous Salad
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
A hearty and easy to make salad. Cous cous stirred in with onions, curry leaves and peanuts. Served with grilled corn.
Ingredients of Cous Cous Salad
- 6 Corn cobs
- 100 gm cous cous
- For the Dressing:
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp onion seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 8-10 roasted peanuts, skinned and
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper crushed
- 2 Tbsp runny honey
- 25 gm coriander leaves, washed and chopped.
How to Make Cous Cous Salad
- 1.First, make the dressing.
- 2.Put all of the ingredients into a jar with a lid. Shake well, and brush it on to the corncobs just before you barbecue or grill them.
- 3.They will be ready when the kernels are tender and lightly browned.
- 4.For the couscous salad, bring to the boil 500ml/18fl oz water with a dash of oil.
- 5.Stir in the couscous, cover and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- 6.Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan, then put in the onion seeds, curry leaves, salt and peanuts.
- 7.Stir for a minute then add the couscous and cook gently for 4 minutes.
- 8.Scrape the couscous into a serving bowl, scatter over the coriander leaves and serve with the corn.
Key Ingredients: Corn cobs,