How to make Fish in Red Wine Butter Sauce
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
A perfect red snapper in a simple but elegant red wine and butter sauce. A delicious combination of wine and fish! Fish tastes better in wine and butter, doesn't it?
Ingredients of Fish in Red Wine Butter Sauce
- For the fish:
- 1 Red snapper fillet
- Olive oil
- For the red wine butter sauce:
- 1/2 Litre Red wine
- Few sprigs Thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- A pinch of Sugar
- 1 tsp Mustard sauce
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- To garnish Thyme
- To garnish Reduced balsamic vinegar
How to Make Fish in Red Wine Butter Sauce
- 1.Marinate the fillet with some salt, pepper and olive oil.
- 2.Pan fry it in a tsp of olive oil for a minute or two on each side.
- 3.In a heavy bottomed pan add 1/2 liter red wine. Add thyme, bay leaf, sugar and mustard sauce. Let it reduce.
- 4.Once the sauce starts to reduce add butter and whisk it. Let it simmer.
- Plating up:
- 1.Place the pan fried fish fillets on a plate. Pour over some red wine sauce and reduced balsamic vinegar. Garnish with some thyme.
Red snapper fillet, Salt
, Pepper, Olive oil, Red wine, Thyme
, Bay leaf, Sugar
, Mustard sauce, Butter
, Reduced balsamic vinegar