Fried Palak Ki Chaat Recipe
Fresh spinach leaves dipped in a rich batter and fried crisp. Then the best part, top the pakoras with yogurt, chutney, fresh coriander and a generous sprinkle of chaat masala.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins 10 seconds
- Prep Time 10 seconds
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Fried Palak Ki Chaat
- 100 gm singhare ka atta (dried waterchestnut flour)
- 1/4 tsp sendha namak (white rock salt)
- Cold water to mix
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1-2 green peppers (hari mirch), finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves (hara dhania), finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mango powder (amchoor)
- 2 cups water (approx. 200 ml)
- 250 gm whole leaves of spinach washed and drained well
- Oil for deep-frying (or ghee if not using oil)
- 200 gm curd, beaten smooth and thinned a little if desired
- 1/2 cup sonth ki chutney of pouring consistency
- Chaat masala (vrat)
- Chili powder
- Ginger and coriander, finely chopped
How to Make Fried Palak Ki ChaatHideShow Media
Mix the flour, salt, chilli powder, hari mirch, dhania and amchoor, in enough water, to make it up to a pouring consistency.
Heat the oil and when a drop of batter dropped into the oil comes up at once, dip the spinach leaves into the batter, and drop into the hot oil, one by one and fry over medium heat, to a very light brown. Lift out and keep aside.
When ready to serve fry over high heat to a golden brown. Remove and drain on an absorbent paper.
Layer the fried pakodas on a serving dish in a single layer and pour the sonth over followed by the dahi.
Sprinkle the chaat masala, chilli powder, ginger and serve.