Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
The good old custard made with eggs, sugar, milk, cardamom and a hint of vanilla.
Ingredients of Fruit Custard
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 400 Ml milk
- 100 Ml cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 green cardamom cloves
- 1 Tbsp flour, to thicken
- 1 1/2 Cups freshly cut fruits
How to Make Fruit Custard
- 1.On a double boiler, whisk egg yolks and sugar.
- 2.In a pan, add milk, cream, vanilla essence and green cardamom.Mix them well and let them cool a bit.
- 3.Add egg mixture into the pan. Keep it in a slow fire and stir them slowly.
- 4.In a small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp of flour and add 2 Tbsp infused milk into it. Add them into the mixture. This will help thicken the custard.
- 5.Strain the custard mixture in a bowl to get rid of the cardamom.
- 6.Pour this custard over freshly cut fruits.
- 8.Serve cold.
Key Ingredients: egg yolks, sugar, milk, cream, vanilla essence, green cardamom cloves, flour, to thicken, freshly cut fruits