Story ProgressBack to home
Gobhi Shalgam ka Achaar Recipe
How to make Gobhi Shalgam ka Achaar
About Gobhi Shalgam ka Achaar Recipe: Spice of winter. A spicy pickle of mixed vegetables, which is sweet and sour too.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings8
Ingredients of Gobhi Shalgam ka Achaar
- 500 gm shalgam (turnips), scraped and sliced
- 750 gm Gobi (cauliflower), cut into florets
- 750 gm gajar (carrots), scraped and cut into pieces
- 60 gm lassan (garlic), peeled, coarsely pounded
- 60 gm ginger, peeled and chopped, coarsely pounded
- 60 gm garam masala, powdered
- 60 gm pissi rai (powdered mustard seeds)
- 20 gm chilli powder or to taste
- 60 gm salt
- 180 gm sirka (vinegar)
- 125 gm gur (jaggery)
- 250 gm sarson ka tel (mustard oil)
How to Make Gobhi Shalgam ka AchaarHideShow Media
Place the oil to heat in a large kadahi (or wok) and the vinegar and gur in a saucepan on another burner.
Bring the vinegar to a boil and then simmer to dissolve the gur.
When the oil is heated enough for a piece of vegetable thrown in to come up at once, keeping the heat on high, add the ginger and the garlic, and stir fry till a light brown.
Add the shalgam, gobhi and gajar and continue stirring over high heat. This has to be stirred long enough to evaporate the water in the vegetables.
You will know it is done, when the liquid in the vegetables gets back the colour of the oil.
Add the powdered spices and salt, mix well, again over high heat, and then add the vinegar solution. Let it come to a boil and shut off the heat.