How to make Grilled Kasundi Honey Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
About Grilled Kasundi Honey Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash Recipe: Flavourful chicken breasts marinated in a mix of kasundi, ginger, garlic and hone, grilled to perfection. Served along with a mash of creamy sweet potato and crunchy sauteed veggies, drizzled with a thick and nutty honey-kasundi sauce. Perfect lunch or dinner recipe to prepare at home by Chef Ashish Khanduri, Executive Chef, Elior India.
Ingredients of Grilled Kasundi Honey Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
- 400 gms boneless chicken breasts (2)
- 100 gms kasundi (Bengali mustard sauce)
- 400 gms sweet potato
- 1 each Red and yellow capsicum
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small broccoli
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 30 gms refined oil
- to taste salt
- 50 gms butter
- 50 cream
- 1 Spring onion sprig
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
How to Make Grilled Kasundi Honey Chicken with Sweet Potato Mash
- 1.Clean and pat dry chicken breast.
- 2.Apply ginger garlic paste to chicken with some oil.
- 3.Mix honey with kasundi paste.
- 4.Marinate for 2 hours minimum.
- Prepare sweet potato mash:
- 1.Boil sweet potatoes till soft.
- 2.Mash them to fine consistency. Preferably sieve through atta strainer.
- 3.Take pan then add butter and cream to pan and add mashed sweet potato.
- 4.Mix well on heated pan till mash becomes creamy and smooth, cook till it should not stick to the pan.
- Prepare honey kasundi sauce:
- 1.Heat oil, then add chopped garlic in pan.
- 2.Add remaining kasundi to pan with some water and boil.
- 3.Add little honey and butter to give some nutty and sweet flavor.
- 4.Add chopped spring onion and remove of the flame once it gets little thick saucy consistency.
- Sauté vegetables:
- 1.Cut all vegetables in 1-inch cubes.
- 2.Boil all vegetables leaving them still little crunchy.
- 3.Take pan, add little oil and chopped garlic.
- 4.Add boiled vegetables and season with salt n pepper. Sauté for 1 minute.
- 1.Grill chicken breast on grill pan or tawa cooking each side for 3 minutes.
- 2.Once cooked well, add chicken breast on plate with sweet potato mash, sautéed vegetable and drizzle with prepared sauce.
Key Ingredients: boneless chicken breasts (2), kasundi (Bengali mustard sauce), sweet potato, Red and yellow capsicum, carrot, broccoli, Garlic cloves, refined oil, salt, butter, cream, Spring onion sprig, honey, ginger and garlic paste