How to make Guava Cheese
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Guava Cheese Recipe: A chewy, fudgy, sticky treat made with fresh guavas. Guava cheese is a popular Goan delicacy. It has a long shelf life.
Ingredients of Guava Cheese
- 1 Kg guava
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Sugar (depends on the proportion of pulp as mentioned in the recipe)
How to Make Guava Cheese
- 1.Cut ends of guavas, cut into 4 and slice off the seeds.
- 2.Cut into small pieces (with skin on).
- 3.Place chopped guava in a pan and add water to cover.
- 4.Cook until soft and strain through a cloth, squeezing and keeping the pulp for the cheese.
- 5.Make jam with the pulp, using proportion of 4 cups pulp to 3 cups sugar and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Weigh the pulp and mix with equal weight of sugar and 2 Tbsp. lemon juice.
- 6.Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring to avoid scorching, till it leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- 7.Spread on to a greased plate to set. Cut into squares and store in an airtight jar.
- 8.Guava cheese can be eaten simply as a dessert or with sandwiches, toasts, etc.
Key Ingredients: guava, lemon juice,