How To Make Gulab Jamun Cheesecake
About Gulab Jamun Cheesecake Recipe: Love gulab jamun but cannot resist cheesecake too!? Have the best of both worlds with this amazing fusion dessert recipe!
Ingredients of Gulab Jamun Cheesecake
- 350 gms plain digestive biscuits
- 120 gms ghee or unsalted butter (cooled), melted
- 600 gms cream cheese (softened)
- 350 gms jaggery
- 8 Gulab jamuns
- 250 gms sour cream
- 200 ml thickened cream
- 4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 50 gms cornflour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 50 gms blueberry compote
How to Make Gulab Jamun Cheesecake
- 1.Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a round 20 cm springform cake pan and line the base and side with baking paper.
- 2.Place biscuits in a food processor and whiz to crumbs. Add ghee and whiz to combine. Press into the base of prepared pan and chill until needed.
- 3.Place cream cheese and 250g jaggery in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth. Beat in sour cream and cream. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4.Beat in cornflour and lemon juice, cut the gulab jamuns into halves and place them on the biscuit base and pour the cream cheese mix over it. Wrap the outside of the pan in 3 layers of foil and place in a large roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the cake.
- 5.Reduce oven to 150°C and bake cake for 1 hour 40 minutes or until just set with a gentle wobble in the centre. Turn off oven and cool for 1 hour in the oven. Remove cake from oven, cool to room temperature, then chill for 3 hours or until cold. Remove from pan and place on a serving plate.
- 6.When ready to serve, melt remaining 100g jaggery in a small saucepan over medium heat with 2 tbsp water, stirring to dissolve the jaggery.
- 7.Cool completely, then pour over the cake garnish with blueberry compote and fresh mint leaves.
Key Ingredients: plain digestive biscuits, ghee or unsalted butter (cooled), cream cheese (softened), jaggery, Gulab jamuns, sour cream, thickened cream, Eggs (lightly beaten), cornflour, lemon juice, blueberry compote