Hare Channe ki Sabzi Recipe
Green chickpeas lightly fried in ginger, cumin seeds and a host of light spices. Finished off with yoghurt for that rich texture, topped with coriander leaves.
- Total Cook Time 50 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Hare Channe ki Sabzi
- 250 gm hare channe
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp ginger- shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes- grated
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Hare Channe ki SabziHideShow Media
1. Heat ghee in a pan.
2. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
3. When the cumin seeds begin to splutter, add ginger and saute.
4. Add tomatoes and stir-fry, let the fat separate.
5. Further add garam masala, coriander powder, salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
6. Stir well.
7. Add channas and stir-fry over high heat.
8. Now add about 2 cups water, and bring the mixture to a boil.
9. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
10. Add whipped yoghurt.
11. Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander leaves.