Hot Yellow Curry with Vegetables Recipe
How to make Hot Yellow Curry with Vegetables
About Hot Yellow Curry with Vegetables Recipe: Industrial engineer turned gourmet food restaurateur, Varun Tuli prepares a zingy curry with vegetables, spices and fresh turmeric giving this oriental savory an Indian kick.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Hot Yellow Curry with Vegetables
- For the base:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric chopped (you can use powdered turmeric also)
- 1 tbsp fresh galangal chopped (a young ginger root with a distinct flavor)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemongrass
- 1/2 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 500 ml milk (evaporated)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A pinch of sugar
- For the veggies:
- 1/2 cup string beans (diced)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, medium
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup eggplant (cubed)
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
How to Make Hot Yellow Curry with VegetablesHideShow Media
Heat oil in a wok, and then add turmeric, chopped galangal, lemongrass, chillies and saute.
Add evaporated milk & a just a little bit of water (1/4 cup) to thin the curry and let it boil.
Season with salt, sugar and cook till dissolved well.
Remove from heat and let it cool.
Saute vegetables with some oil and garlic in another pan.
Add the pinch of salt and let it saute for a couple of minutes.
Now add the curry & bring to boil. Cover it and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes till the vegetables cook.