Story ProgressBack to home
Get any party started with these special chicken kebabs teamed with refreshing mint chutney.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings3
Ingredients of Kabab-E-Khaas
- Chicken breast - 6 pieces, 200 gms
- For stuffing
- Bell peppers (red, yellow & green) - 25 gms
- Fresh button mushrooms - sliced, 25 gms
- Green chillies - chopped, 1 piece
- Processed cheese - grated, 20 gms
- Crushed cashewnut powder, 20 gms
- Chicken (minced/ keema) 25 gms
- For marination
- Ginger & garlic - fine chopped, 1 tsp/5 gms
- Green chillies - fine chopped, 1 tsp/3 gms
- Ginger-garlic paste, 2 tsp/10 gms
- Red chilli paste, 4 tsp/20 gms
- Hung curd, 6 tsp/30 gms
- Black salt
- Lemon juice - 2 ml
- Turmeric oil - 2 ml
- Mustard oil - 2 ml
- Coriander - chopped, 5 gms
- Mint leaves - chopped, 5 gms
- Garam masala, 2 gms
- Kitchen king masala - 2 gms
- Jeera powder - 2 gms
- Processed cheese - grated, 5 gms
- For garnish
- Onion - juliennes, 50 gms
- Fresh mint leaves sprig
- Lime 1/2
How to Make Kabab-E-KhaasHideShow Media
Turmeric oil: Heat 5 ml of cooking oil and add 2 gms of turmeric powder and filter the oil through a muslin cloth and keep aside.
Shallow fry julienned bell peppers along with sliced button mushrooms and chop finely. Put the chopped mixture in a bowl
Add to the bowl green chillies and crushed cashew nut powder.
Add grated cheese and chicken mince and add salt to taste.
Mix well with a spoon in the bowl. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions.
In a bowl add chopped green chillies, chopped ginger & garlic, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli paste.
Add jeera powder, kitchen king powder, garam masala and grated cheese.
Blend with hand whisk.
The masala is ready, to this add hung curd, black salt, lemon juice, turmeric oil, mustard oil, chopped coriander and chopped mint and mix well.
Assembling the chicken breast
Take chicken breast and hammer it lightly, place the stuffing on the breast and roll the breast and put a toothpick stick to prevent the roll from opening.
Rub the marination on top of the rolled chicken breast and pass the skewers again apply the left over marination over the top of the rolled chicken breast.
Place the skewers on the barbeque grill or tandoor or in an oven at 260 degrees C. Apply butter for basting.
Once cooked place the chicken roll on a platter garnish with onion juliennes and lime wedges on the side.
Serve with mint chatni.