How to make Kathal ki Sabzi
About Kathal Ki Sabzi Recipe | Kathal Recipe: Kathal or Jackfruit is actually a summer fruit that may look intimidating, but tastes delicious when cooked in a north indian style spicy gravy and is rather simple to make. This flavorful, delicious sabzi is made from unripe jackfruit whereas ripe jackfruit can be eaten plain.
Ingredients of Kathal Ki Sabzi Recipe | Kathal Recipe: Cooked with a variety of masalas and spices like chilli powder and simmered with tomatoes to make a thick gravy, this Kathal Ki sabzi boasts of simple flavors and great taste!
Best Way to Enjoy Kathal Ki Sabzi | How to Serve Kathal Ki Sabzi: Kathal Sabzi can be best served and enjoyed with hot and chapati or paratha.
Ingredients of Kathal ki Sabzi
- 500 gms jackfruit
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup onions, grated
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, grated
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 Green chillies (slit)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
How to Make Kathal ki Sabzi
- 1.Oil your hands well. Keep some oil handy while cutting the jackfruit, as you will need to smear your palms with oil from time to time. It prevents hands from getting sticky and itchy.
- 2.Peel the jackfruit and slice into rounds of desired thickness.
- 3.Slice rounds into halves, and remove any thick stem in the centre, before cutting slices into smaller pieces. Do not wash. Scrape any dirt off.
- 4.Heat the oil and fry the pieces over high heat, till light brown. Drain and set aside.
- 5.Add cumin seeds to the same oil. When the seeds begin to splutter, add the onions, garlic and ginger.
- 6.Stir-fry till brown, add the tomatoes, and fry till fat separates.
- 7.Add coriander powder, salt, chilli powder, turmeric, and the garam masala. Stir to mix well.
- 8.Now add the green chillies and jackfruit, stir a few times before adding about half a cup of water.
- 9.Bring to a boil and simmer till the vegetable is cooked through.
- 10.Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: jackfruit, oil, cumin seeds, onions, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, coriander powder, salt, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, Green chillies (slit), coriander leaves