How to make Kebab-e-Kela
Vegetarian banana kebabs, flavored with ginger, coriander, green chili and cardamom seeds.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Kebab-e-Kela
- 250 Gram Raw bananas (diced), peeled
- 1 Black cardamom seed (badi elaichi )
- 1/4 cup Kuttu ka atta
- 2 tsp White rock salt (sendha namak)
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds (powdered), roasted
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 Green chili, chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander, chopped
- For pan-frying Desi ghee
- For dusting Kuttu ka atta
How to Make Kebab-e-KelaHideShow Media
Steam the bananas, ginger and elaichi, till bananas are cooked, but bite like.
Alternately cook with as little water as possible, so that there is no water left after the bananas are cooked. Leave to cool.
When cool, mash the bananas; add the rest of the ingredients and mix well to form dough like consistency.
Shape into small cylindrical rods and dust with the kuttu ka atta.
Heat a thin layer of ghee and fry the kebabs over medium heat, till brown on both sides.