How to make Low Fat French Onion Soup
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Low fat French Onion Soup Recipe: An old world classic that never goes out of style. Only this time, it's low fat.
Ingredients of Low Fat French Onion Soup
- 4 onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp butter
- A little olive oil or canola spray
- 3 tbsp white wine
- A sprig or two of fresh or dry thyme
- 4 cups chicken stock, large
- Salt and pepper
- A piece of whole wheat toast baked in oven with grated gouda cheese till it browns slightly.
- 1 tsp garlic paste, finely chopped
How to Make Low Fat French Onion Soup
- 1.Take a heavy bottomed pan.
- 2.Add butter and olive oil or spray.
- 3.When warm, add onions and garlic.
- 4.Now the idea is to keep cooking these onions on a slow flame.they should caramelize in about 20 minutes.
- 5.After adding these onions,cook on low for 10 minutes. Now add wine.
- 6.Once the onions are nicely caramelized, add the stock add let it come to a boil.
- 7.Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- 8.Put wholewheat bread in toaster and toast.now add grated cheese and let it melt till slightly brown in oven.
- 9.Add soup to soup bowl with a good amount of onions. Top with toast and serve.
Key Ingredients: onions, butter, A little olive oil or canola spray, white wine, A sprig or two of fresh or dry thyme, chicken stock, Salt and pepper, garlic paste