How to make Mandarin, Litchi & Pistachio Eclair
About Mandarin, Litchi & Pistachio Éclair Recipe: A Republic day special eclair recipe! Three eclairs representing the tricolor with flavours of mandarin, litchi and pistachio. Prepare these eclairs at home and relish with family and friends.
Ingredients of Mandarin, Litchi & Pistachio Eclair
- For Eclair:
- 500 gms milk
- 500 gms water
- 400 gms butter
- 500 gms refined flour
- 16 nos eggs
- 20 gms salt
- 25 gms sugar
- For Pastry Cream:
- 250 ml milk
- 60 gms egg yolks
- 75 gms caster sugar
- 35 gms refined flour
- 100 ml double cream
How to Make Mandarin, Litchi & Pistachio Eclair
- 1.Bring water, milk, sugar, salt and butter to boil.
- 2.Add flour and beat over heat until the panada is cooked.
- 3.Beat in eggs .
- 4.Pipe the mix on a silpat.
- 5.Bake the éclairs at 200 C for 25 minutes.
- 6.Cool them on a wire rack.
- 7.For the pastry cream, put the milk in a pan and heat gently, slowly bringing to boil.
- 8.In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until light in colour about 2-3 minutes.
- 9.Add the flour whisk again until smooth. Pour half of the boiled milk into the bowl and whisk until no lumps.
- 10.Pass through a fine strainer and then return to the milk in pan.
- 11.Continously whisk until it comes to boil and then reduce the temperature to simmer .
- 12.Pour the cream into a shallow tray to cool wrap it with cling film.
- 13.Divide the pastry cream into three parts and mix them individually with reduced purees (mandarin, litchi, pistachio).
- 14.Fill the Eclairs with mandarin pastry cream ,litchi pastry cream and pistachio pastry cream.
- 15.Arrange them in the sequence of Indian National Flag.
Key Ingredients: milk, water, butter, refined flour, eggs, salt, sugar, milk, egg yolks, caster sugar, refined flour, double cream