How to make Matar Luchi
Recipe Servings: 8
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Matar Luchi Recipe: Small balls of peas and masalas stuffed in dough and deep fried.
Ingredients of Matar Luchi
- For the filling (grind together):
- 1 cup shelled peas, boiled
- 1/8 tsp asofoetida, powdered
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- For the dough:
- 2 cups refined flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- water to knead (approx. 1 cup)
- oil (for deep-frying)
How to Make Matar Luchi
- 1.Add salt to the flour and rub 1 tbsp of oil into it. Knead with water, to form a soft and pliable dough.
- 2.Shape the filling into small rounds of about 2 cms/3/4"diameter.
- 3.Break up the dough into walnut sized pieces and shape into smooth balls, and then flatten between your palms.
- 4.Take one flat round, pinch edges all around and wet them.
- 5.Place a round of filling in the center, and bring the edges together and pinch to seal. Flatten, by pressing gently.
- 6.Roll to about 1/8" thick, without tearing the dough.
- 7.Grease the surface or rolling pin, if need be.
- 8.Heat the oil for frying, till such time as a little piece of dough thrown in, comes up immediately.
- 9.Fry the luchis in it, over high heat, till golden on both sides.
Key Ingredients: shelled peas, asofoetida, cumin seeds, chilli powder, refined flour, oil, salt, water to knead (approx. 1 cup), oil (for deep-frying)