How to make Radish Meat
A finger licking Kashmiri curry. This mutton curry has masalas in abundance besides a tangy, tasty and absolutely delicious taste of radish or mooli. It goes best with some steamed rice.
Ingredients of Radish Meat
- 1 Kg mutton (cleaned)
- 1 tbsp saunf / fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- A pinch of heeng / asafoetida powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- 2 radishes, chopped
- to taste salt
- To pre cook the meat:
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 2 brown cardamom
- 2 sticks cassia / cinnamon
- 6-8 cloves
- 6-8 peppercorns
How to Make Radish Meat
- 1.In a pressure cooker, pre-cook the meat with the whole spices and water, for about 20 minutes.
- 2.In the another pan, dry roast the saunf, cumin and coriander seeds, grind them and keep aside.
- 3.Heat the mustard oil in a deep vessel, mix the heeng powder with a dash of water and add to the oil.
- 4.Then mix the salt, ginger powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder in a dash water and add this to the oil.
- 5.Stir well and add the freshly ground spices to the cooking masala.
- 6.Continue stirring for a minute to avoid any lumps.
- 7.Add the pre-cooked meat along with the stock.
- 8.Mix in the radish and add salt to taste.
- 9.Cover the pan and cook for an hour on a low flame or till the meat is tender.
- 10.Serve hot with rice.
Key Ingredients: mutton (cleaned), saunf / fennel seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, mustard oil, heeng / asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry ginger powder, radishes, salt, water, green cardamom, brown cardamom, cassia / cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns