How To Make Moong Dal Halwa
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Moong Dal Halwa Recipe: Halwa made from moong dal and flavored with cardamom and almonds. It's a perfect winter dessert to indulge in! Quick, easy and absolutely delicious.
Ingredients of Moong Dal Halwa
- 1/2 Cup usked green lentil (dhuli moong ki dal) - soaked in water 5-6 hours
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar - mixed with milk and water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 tsp powdered chhoti elaichi
- 2 tbsp slivered and roasted almonds
How to Make Moong Dal Halwa
- 1.Wash dal and grind coarsely, in a food processor or a grinding stone.
- 2.Heat the milk mixture to dissolve the sugar, bring to a boil and keep hot till needed.
- 3.In a heavy kadahi, mix ghee and dal, and stir fry over low heat till fried well.
- 4.Add milk mixture to the fried dal and stir well to mix together.
- 5.Cook over low heat till the liquid is absorbed, and once again stir-fry till the fat separates.
- 6.Mix in the cardamom powder and half the almonds.
- 7.Transfer on to a serving dish, decorate the Moong Dal Halwa with the rest of the almonds and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: usked green lentil (dhuli moong ki dal) - soaked in water 5-6 hours, ghee, sugar - mixed with milk and water, milk, water, powdered chhoti elaichi, slivered and roasted almonds