Story ProgressBack to home
Chicken marinated in yoghurt and spices - grill it, bake it or use a tandoor.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings8
Ingredients of Murgh-E-Kalmi
- 1 kg chicken-skinned and cut into 8-10 pieces
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup yogurt, placed in a colander to drain out excess water
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, broken, roasted and powdered
- 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds-roasted and powdered
- A large pinch of kesar (safron)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup refined flour
- 1 egg - slightly beaten
- 1 large onion-sliced into rings
- 1 Tbsp chopped - mint leaves
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
How to Make Murgh-E-KalmiHideShow Media
Wash the chicken and wipe dry. Prick in 2-3 places.
Mix all the ingredients, except those for garnishing.
Marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours in the mixture.
Before serving, place the marinated chicken on a drip-tray and grill till light brown, or bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
It is best cooked in a tandoor. A drip-tray is essential, because the drippings need to escape. Chicken cooked in drippings becomes soggy.
Serve hot, garnished with onion rings, chopped mint leaves and lemon wedges.