Mushrooms in Hot Garlic Sauce Recipe
How to make Mushrooms in Hot Garlic Sauce
A simple and hassle free recipe. Mushrooms tossed with onions and red peppers, mingled with a garlicky sauce. Serve with a steaming plate of rice.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
Ingredients of Mushrooms in Hot Garlic Sauce
- 200 gm mushrooms - button, wiped clean
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup onions-chopped fine
- 3 Tbsp garlic, chopped fine and ground with 2-3 whole red peppers(paprika)
- Spring onion leaves chopped fine for garnish
- Mix together for Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp corn flour - blended with water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup water
How to Make Mushrooms in Hot Garlic SauceHideShow Media
Heat the oil in a wok and add the onions, stir over high heat till a little soft.
Add the garlic paste and red peppers and stir-fry till fat separates. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry over high heat, till well mixed.
Add a cup of water, bring to a boil and add the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring all the time.
Lower the heat and simmer for a minute or so and serve hot garnished with the greens.