How to make Mussels with Lemon Grass
Mussels cooked in lemongrass, chillies and peanuts. Served with rice or noodles.
Ingredients of Mussels with Lemon Grass
- 1 Kg mussels
- 4 stalks lemon grass
- 3 spring onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted
How to Make Mussels with Lemon Grass
- 1.Keep mussels in a small serving pieces.
- 2.Remove other leaves of the lemongrass and finely slice the tender white part of the base of the stalk. Bruise with mortar and pestle.
- 3.Finely slice the spring onions, including the green leaves.
- 4.Mix the mussels with salt, pepper, lemongrass and spring onions and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 5.Heat a wok, add oil and when oil is hot add the chillies and stir fry on medium heat for a further 10 minutes.
- 6.Season with sugar and pepper and add peanuts. Stir well.
- 7.Add fish sauce and toss to distribute evenly and then serve with rice or noodles.
Key Ingredients: mussels, lemon grass , spring onions, salt, black pepper, oil, fresh red chilli, sugar, fish sauce, peanuts