How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
About Mutton Ghee Roast Recipe: A sumptuous dish of mutton is what we call perfect for a chilly winter evening with family and friends. Mutton chunks cooked thoroughly with a myroad of spices and chillies, served with a paratha or dosa.
Ingredients of Mutton Ghee Roast
- To prepare mutton:
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 kg mutton
- to taste onions
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- For the paste:
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- bay leaf
- 4-5 kashmiri chilli
- 10 black pepper
How to Make Mutton Ghee Roast
- 1.Firstly heat ghee in a cooker and add turmeric powder to it. Stir well.
- 2.Afterwards add mutton chunks as well as ginger Garlic paste and cook till mutton turns brown in colour.
- 3.Later on add salt and 2 cups of boiling water.
- 4.Cook on medium flame till 4 whistles come and after opening cooker, separate chunks from the broth.
- 5.Dry roast red chilli, coriander seed, cumin seed, Fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cloves, & cinnamon for 2-3 minutes.
- 6.Then, make a coarse powder of the roasted spices in a grinder & add onion & garlic grounding it with the spices.
- 7.Lastly, heat ghee in a pan and add mutton chunks with the spice paste and mix thoroughly.
- 8.Cook in low flame for 7-8 minutes, once ready serve mutton ghee roast with parantha or dosa.
Key Ingredients: To prepare mutton:, ghee, mutton, onions, salt, turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, For the paste:, chilli powder, cumin seed, coriander seed, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, kashmiri chilli, black pepper