How to make a Omelette Curry
A delicious tomato based curry with cut pieces of omelette. Serve it with rotis or rice!
Ingredients of Omelette Curry
- 3 eggs (well beaten with a pinch of salt)
- 1 large onion, ground to paste
- 2 tomatoes, ground to paste
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp oil
How to Make Omelette Curry
- For the omelette:
- 1.Beat eggs with a pinch of salt, add coriander leaves.
- 2.Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan, pour the egg mixture and cover it with a lid to prepare a half inch omelette. Cut into square pieces and keep aside.
- For the curry:
- 1.Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds.
- 2.Add the onion paste and saute till it changes color or till the water is evaporated.
- 3.Add tomato paste, ginger and garlic paste and fry till all water from the tomatoes has dried up. Add 2 cups of water. Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- 4.Add cut omelettes and cook for 2 minutes without stirring much. Turn off the heat and let it rest.
- 5.Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve Hot.
Key Ingredients: 3 eggs (well beaten with a pinch of salt), 1 large onion, ground to paste, 2 tomatoes, ground to paste, 1/2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped, 2 Tbsp ginger and garlic paste, Salt, to taste, 1 Tbsp chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala (optional), 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp turmeric, 2 Tbsp oil