How to make Palak Puri
Recipe Servings: 10
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Palak Puri Recipe: Spinach enhanced puris, deep fried. Pair with your favourite curry for a hearty meal at lunch.
Ingredients of Palak Puri
- 2 Cups whole-wheat flour
- Water (to knead)
- 2 tsp ghee
- to taste salt
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Puri press
- Ground spinach
How to Make Palak Puri
- 1.Mix the ground spinach into the dough before adding the water.
- 2.Rub the `ghee' into the flour, add salt and knead into a firm dough with the water.
- 3.Cover the dough and leave to rest, for at least 30 minutes.
- 4.Roll out the puris about 1/8" thick.
- 5.Heat the oil and when a piece of dough comes up at once, put the puri into the oil.
- 6.It will come up at once, press gently with a slotted spoon in the center, so that it puffs up.
- 7.Turn it over and fry till a light brown on both sides.
- 8.Remove from the fat, and place on an absorbent paper, before transferring on to a serving dish.
Key Ingredients: whole-wheat flour, Water (to knead), ghee, salt, Oil (for deep frying), Puri press, Ground spinach