Papaya Badam Barfi Recipe
This traditional badam barfi comes with a fruity punch of papayas. An inventive treat and a must try recipe!
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings5
Ingredients of Papaya Badam Barfi
- 1 papaya - ripe, medium size & finely chopped/grated
- 250 gm khoya
- 100 gm almond powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- Few strands saffron
- 2 drops of rose essence.
- For garnish -
- Slivered almonds
- Few strands of saffron.
How to Make Papaya Badam BarfiHideShow Media
1. In a heavy bottom pan, add ghee and papaya.
2. Saute on high heat for 5 minutes stirring continuously.
3. Add cardamom powder and almond powder, mix well and let it cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame.
4. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Add khova, saffron, and 2 drops of rose essence.
5. Let it simmer for 4 to 5 minutes till khova is well combined.
6. Finally add sugar, mix and saute on high heat stirring continuously till mixture becomes very thick.
7. Take it off the stove, immediately pour it on a greased tray or plate.
8. Refrigerate, till it sets. Cut in squares or diamond shapes or any other shape of your choice. Garnish with slivered almonds and saffron strands.
9. Delicious papaya badam barfi is ready to be served.