How to make Pasta Torta (Leftover Pasta Sandwich)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Pasta Torta (Leftover Pasta Sandwich): Pasta sandwich is an innovative sandwich recipe with some pasta, cheese and mushrooms. It can be enjoyed as a healthy breakfast or snack item.
Ingredients of Pasta Torta (Leftover Pasta Sandwich)
- 1 bowl leftover pasta
- 1 red pepper
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1 multigrain bread loaf
- 50 gram mozzarella cheese
- 10-12 olives
- to taste butter
- to taste salt & pepper
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
How to Make Pasta Torta (Leftover Pasta Sandwich)
- 1.Slice the red pepper in half, deseed and julienne.
- 2.Julienne the mushrooms.
- 3.Slice the bread loaf in 2 thick slices.
- 4.In a hot pan add 2-3 tsp olive oil.
- 5.Add red pepper, mushrooms and salt to taste.
- 6.Add 4-5 olives halved.
- 7.Now gently saute the vegetables.
- 8.Add the leftover pasta, cook for some time, till the pasta is heated.
- 9.Transfer the pasta mixture to a bowl.
- 10.Butter the bread slices generously.
- 11.Slice mozzarella cheese and put it on one of the bread slices.
- 12.Scoop the pasta onto the bread slice.
- 13.Add one more mozzarella slice on top and cover with the other slice of bread.
- 14.Heat the pan and add few drops of olive oil.
- 15.Toast the bread till both sides turns golden brown.
- 16.Serve it hot.
Key Ingredients: leftover pasta, red pepper, mushrooms, multigrain bread loaf, mozzarella cheese, olives, butter, salt & pepper, extra virgin olive oil