Pecan Pie Recipe
The classic pecan pie requires corn syrup but this version of the pie uses maple syrup and brown sugar. The vanilla and butter enhance the flavor of the pecans. Enjoy it with scoop of ice cream.
- Total Cook Time 06 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 01 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Pecan Pie
- Temp: 325 F-160 C
- 1/4 cup brown sugar-tightly packed
- 1/3 cup butter-tightly packed
- 1/3 cup castor or powdered sugar
- 3 eggs-slightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 120 gm pecans-cut small, saving a few whole for decoration
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 unbaked shell of short crust pastry of 7
How to Make Pecan PieHideShow Media
Blend brown sugar and butter and melt in a pan placed over a pan of hot water.
Add castor sugar, eggs, maple syrup and milk, mix well and cook till thickened a bit (all over hot water).
Remove from heat and mix in pecans, vanilla and salt.
Pour mixture into the unbaked shell and bake for an hour in a pre-heated oven.