Blush Curry Mussels Recipe
How to make Blush Curry Mussels
About Blush Curry Mussels Recipe: Seafood lovers rejoice, here we have an easy recipe of mussels and veggies with an Indian tadka. Prepare this for a delicious Sunday brunch or the next dinner party along with some cooked rice.
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 35 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Blush Curry Mussels
- 10-12 mussels
- 50 gms potatoes (diced), boiled
- 50 gms beetroot (diced), boiled
- 20-30 gms cucumber (diced)
- 2-3 yellow or red cherry tomatoes (sliced into two)
- 2-3 tsp onions, finely chopped
- 1 dried red chilli (whole)
- 1 big green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 fresh thyme stalks, finely chopped
- 4-6 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3-4 fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 curry leaves, finely chopped
- 3-4 snow peas strips, sliced
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 100 ml fresh cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- A dash of lemon zest
- A pinch of salt
How to Make Blush Curry MusselsHideShow Media
In a pan, temper the oil, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and one dried chilli.
In the same pan add onions, mussels and cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until they open.
Next, add red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder, garam masala and stir all for 1-2 minutes.
Now, add salt, beetroot, cucumber, potatoes, yellow cherry tomatoes and fresh orange juice.
In the same pan put fresh thyme, basil leaves and coriander, juice of half a lemon, lemon zest.
Add fresh cream and mix well.
On a plate, pour the blush curry sauce over the mussels and garnish with the snow peas.