How to make Peri Peri Chicken Satay
About Peri Peri Chicken Satay Recipe: A mouth-watering chicken starter! This chicken satay recipe has a spicy twist with the addition of fiery peri peri sauce. Serve this appetizer at a dinner party or prepare for a game night with friends, the succulent chicken pieces slathered in spices and grilled to perfection would tingle everyone's taste buds.
Ingredients of Peri Peri Chicken Satay
- 200 gms boneless skinless chicken thigh (trimmed)
- to taste salt and pepper
- 100 gms yogurt
- 5 gms chilli powder
- 25 gms ginger garlic paste
- 5 gram coriander leaves
- oil to fry
- 50 gms peri peri sauce
- 100 gms potato fries
How to Make Peri Peri Chicken Satay
- 1.Soak the skewers for at least 60 minutes or more totally submerged in water before using it to prevent burns. You may skip this part if pan grilling.
- 2.Marinate thigh chicken with yogurt, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, peri peri sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3.Refrigerate and use when ready. You may make this a day or more ahead of time.
- 4.Place in a zip lock bag, or sealed containers and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- 5.When ready to grill. Using tong remove excess marinates and reserve.
- 6.Pre heat grill to medium- high heat.
- 7.Place chicken over medium heat, and then brush with oil to prevent chicken from sticking. Grill for about 10 to 15 minutes, rotating from sides for even cooking. Keep an eye on it -- if they are browning too quickly, turn the heat down.
- 8.Grill in batches if you have a small grill. Transfer the skewers to a platter.
- 9.In a small saucepan simmer the remaining peri peri marinade and the one from the chicken for about 7 minutes.
- 10.Serve with chicken, heat oil and prepare the potatoes fries, serve as a bed for chicken.
Key Ingredients: boneless skinless chicken thigh (trimmed), salt and pepper, yogurt, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves, oil to fry, peri peri sauce, potato fries