Pineapple, Cheese and Ham Salad Recipe
A light but filling cold salad dressed with vinegar. Leave out the ham for a veggie version.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Pineapple, Cheese and Ham Salad
- 1/2 cup diced ham or fried bacon bits
- 4 pineapple slices-canned or stewed
- 1 cup cheese-cut into 1cm/1/2
- 1 small red bell pepper (simla mirch)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup pickled gherkins-chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
How to Make Pineapple, Cheese and Ham SaladHideShow Media
Drain the pineapple and cut to match the size of the cheese cubes.
Cut the bell peppers into halves, remove seeds and stalk, and the extra white veins.
Shred peppers into thin strips.
Mix together, ham or bacon bits, the pineapple, peppers, cheese and gherkins and leave to chill.
Just before serving mix in the vinegar, salt and paprika, and serve chilled.
Note: You can avoid adding ham or bacon bits if you so desire.