How to make Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
About Pumpkin and Feta Muffins Recipe: An exotic pumpkin and feta muffin recipe. A lip smacking savoury muffin with the goodness of pumpkin and feta cheese. Delicious tea time treats that you can also serve to guests.
Ingredients of Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 Handful of baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds kernels
- 3/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 100 gms cubed feta
- 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar/white vinegar
- 1 tsp fine-grain sea salt
How to Make Pumpkin and Feta Muffins
- 1.Preheat oven to 405F / 200C, with rack in the top third. Use the butter to grease a 12-hole muffin pan and set aside.
- 2.Sprinkle the olive oil and some salt and pepper over the squash. Toss well and turn onto a baking sheet or roasting pan.
- 3.Arrange in a single layer and bake for 15 - 25 minutes or until cooked through entirely. Set aside to cool.
- 4.Transfer two-thirds of the squash to a large mixing bowl along with the spinach, parsley, sunflower seeds, Parmesan, two-thirds of the feta, and all of the mustard. Put the milk in the bowl.
- 5.Sift the flour and baking powder and the soda onto the squash mix, top with the salt and a generous dose of freshly ground black pepper and fold together just until the batter comes together, be careful not to over mix.
- 6.Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, filling each hole 3/4 full, top each muffin with a bit of the remaining squash and feta.
- 7.Sprinkle the top with black sesame seeds.
- 8.Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the tops and sides of the muffins are golden, and the muffins have set up completely.
- 9.Let cool for a couple minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.
Key Ingredients: unsalted butter, olive oil, cubed pumpkin, salt and pepper, baby spinach, cilantro, sunflower seeds kernels, parmesan, cubed feta, whole-grain mustard, condensed milk, milk, flour, baking powder, baking soda, red wine vinegar/white vinegar, fine-grain sea salt