How to make Pumpkin Halwa
Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
An exotic Halwa made with the goodness of pumpkins and the aroma of cinnamon.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Halwa
- 1 Kg Pumpkin (cut into 1 "dices), peeled
- 1 1/2 stick Cinnamon
- 150 Ml Water
- 150 Gram Grain sugar
- 4 Tbsp Butter / oil / pure ghee
- 50 Gram Raisins
- 2 Tbsp Coconut (grated), roasted
- 2 Tbsp Almonds (flaked), roasted
How to Make Pumpkin Halwa
- 1.Place the pumpkin, water and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cover and cook until tender. Drain and mash the pumpkin.
- 2.In a large pan, heat 4 tbsp of oil until hot.
- 3.Add the pumpkin while stirring continuously.
- 4.Allow the puree to reduce, thicken and darken, for about 10 minutes.
- 5.Stir in enough sugar to sweeten. Continue cooking until the halwa reduces into a deep amber & glossy mixture.
- 6.Spoon into a serving dish & serve hot, decorated with raisins, coconut and almonds.
Key Ingredients: Pumpkin (cut into 1 "dices), Cinnamon, Water, Grain sugar, Butter / oil / pure ghee, Raisins, Coconut (grated), Almonds (flaked)