How to make Punugulu
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Punugulu is a famous street food from Andhra Pradesh made with idli or dosa batter. Onions, coriander leaves, yogurt, idli mixture mixed together to form a thick batter and deep fried till golden.
Ingredients of Punugulu
- 1 Cup maida
- 1 medium onion
- 3 green chillies
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt or buttermilk
- coriander leaves or cilantro (both are same)
- to taste salt
- for frying oil
How to Make Punugulu
- 1.Cut onion green chillies, and coriander leaves into small pieces and keep aside.
- 2.Mix the maida and yogurt nicely into a thick mix with a consistency of idli mix. See that it does not become runny. If it does, you can add a little more maida to it.
- 3.Add the chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves and salt to this mixture.
- 4.Heat oil in a pan. Make small balls of this mixture and fry them in hot oil. Wait till they turn golden brown.
Key Ingredients: maida, onion, green chillies, yogurt or buttermilk, coriander leaves or cilantro (both are same), salt, oil