How to make Ragda
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Ragda pattice is a popular Maharashtrian street snack. 'Ragda' is a chickpea curry which is serve with a potato cutlet called pattice.
Ingredients of Ragda
- 2 Cups matra/vatana (yellow peas)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda - soaked with matra and water for 6 hours
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp ginger, shredded
- to taste Lemon juice
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- to garnish Chaat masala
- to garnish Chilli powder
- to garnish coriander leaves , chopped
How to Make Ragda
- 1.Discard the water of the peas and put them in fresh water along with the salt and ginger.
cook for 15 minutes till it gets tender. Add more water in an ordinary
pan. Cook over low heat till it is soft enough to get mashed easily.
- 3.To serve, sprinkle lemon juice and onions and garnish with the chaat masala, chilli powder and coriander leaves.
- 4.Note: You can serve imli chutney or hari chutney if you so desire.
Key Ingredients: matra/vatana (yellow peas), baking soda - soaked with matra and water for 6 hours, salt, ginger, Water, Lemon juice, onions, Chaat masala, Chilli powder , coriander leaves