Rajma Ke Kebab Recipe
How to make Rajma Ke Kebab
A great way to start your dinner party is to serve these vegetarian rajma kebabs. Crispy golden on the outside and soft and tangy on the inside. Pair it up with mint chutney and onions rings!
- Total Cook Time1 hr
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings5
Ingredients of Rajma Ke Kebab
- 2 Tbsp ghee or olive oil + To pan fry
- Asafoetida or heeng, a pinch
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 4-5 badi elaichi dana (Black cardamom seeds)
- 2 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp ginger, chopped finely
- 1 medium sized onion, grated
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2-3 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 green chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp whipped yogurt
- 2 cups rajma or red kidney beans, boiled and mashed roughly
- 6-7 Tbsp breadcrumbs
How to Make Rajma Ke KebabHideShow Media
In a pan add 2 Tbsp ghee and a pinch of heeng. Once the oil heats add zeera and elaichi dana. Let it flutter. Swap ghee with olive oil to make them healthier.
Add garlic and ginger paste. Once it browns a little, add onions and saute till golden brown. In case the onions start to burn add a little water.
Add the tomato puree, ketchup, chilli powder, garam masala, green chillies and salt.
Once the masala starts to leave sides add whipped yogurt, coriander and the rajma. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir continuously till the masala leaves the pan from all sides. Let the masala cool for a while.
Once cooled, add 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs to it. Make elongated kebabs from the mixture.
Roll the kebabs in breadcrumbs to form a crusty casing. Keep them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
On a non stick pan add ghee/ olive oil and place the kebabs. Pan fry them from all sides till the breadcrumbs obtain a brown color.
Serve hot with hari chutney.