How to make Roasted Broccoli and Blue Cheese Panini
Brushed with chilli oil, bread slices are stuffed with a succulent broccoli filling and grilled, served with a zesty spring onion relish.
Ingredients of Roasted Broccoli and Blue Cheese Panini
- 2 Small Broccolis (cut into florets)
- 3 Spring onions (cut into half, lengthwise)
- 3 tsp Chilli oil
- 2 tsp Ready-made relish (made up of gherkins, sweet cucumber, sugar, vinegar &bell peppers)
- 2 tbsp Egg-less mayonnaise
- 60-70 Blue cheese
- 2-3 stalks Garlic chives, finely chopped
- 3-4 Green olives (marinated) with their marinating olive oil
- 4-5 Cherry tomatoes (cut into half)
- 2-3 Fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 4-6 Olives (marinated)
- 2 slices Multi-grain bread
- to taste Salt
- To season Black pepper (cracked)
How to Make Roasted Broccoli and Blue Cheese Panini
- 1.Arrange the broccoli florets on a baking dish and season them with salt and cracked black pepper.
- 2.Drizzle 1 tbsp of pickling oil from the marinated olives over the seasoned broccoli and mix them well.
- 3.Roast them in the oven at 200-225 degrees Celsius for 8-9 minutes.
- 4.Remove from the oven and keep it aside to cool.
- 5.Season the spring onions with salt and cracked black pepper and put them onto the grill.
- 6.Keep turning the spring onions and keep basting them with chilli oil.
- 7.Once the spring onions are lightly charred, take them off the grill and keep them aside to cool.
- 8.To make the filling, mix together, the readymade relish with eggless mayonnaise in a bowl.
- 9.Then crumble blue cheese into the filling mixture, add chopped garlic chives and mix them well.
- 10.Next, roughly tear in the roasted broccoli into the filling and mix well till the broccoli is evenly coated.
- 11.Brush the slices of bread with chilli oil and spread the broccoli filling between the 2 slices of the bread.
- 12.Brush the top and bottom of the bread slices with a little more chilli oil and grill the sandwich evenly on both the sides.
- 13.To make a spring onion relish, mix together marinated green olives, halved cherry tomatoes, cracked black pepper, basil leaves, a dash of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and the grilled spring onions.
- 14.Serve the sandwich with the grilled spring onion relish, cherry tomatoes and marinated olives.
Key Ingredients: Broccolis (cut into florets), Spring onions (cut into half, lengthwise), Chilli oil, Ready-made relish (made up of gherkins, sweet cucumber, sugar, vinegar &bell peppers), Egg-less mayonnaise, Blue cheese, Garlic chives, Green olives (marinated) with their marinating olive oil, Cherry tomatoes (cut into half), Fresh basil leaves, Balsamic vinegar, Olives (marinated), Multi-grain bread, Salt , Black pepper (cracked)