How to make Roasted Chicken with Mushroom and Wine Sauce
A delicious roast chicken recipe served with a herby mushroom and white wine sauce. Topped with chopped walnuts for the extra crunch.
Ingredients of Roasted Chicken with Mushroom and Wine Sauce
- 1 chicken- whole, with skin
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 glass white wine
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp spring onion paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 200 gms mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp herbs, chopped
- 1 tbsp cream
- Garnish: Roasted walnuts, chopped
How to Make Roasted Chicken with Mushroom and Wine Sauce
- 1.Place chicken in a roasting tin.
- 2.Cover chicken breast with butter.
- 3.Pour over the wine and stock. Roast at 220 degree C for 1 hour or until the chicken is tender and colored. Cool.
- 4.Heat oil. Saute spring onions, garlic and basil for 1 minute.
- 5.Stir in the mushrooms, wine, seasoning and tomato puree.
- 6.Reduce over a high flame until the wine evaporates. Cool.
- 7.Stir in lemon juice, herbs and cream.
- 8.Whisk in the juices without any fat from the roasting tin. Carve the chicken.
- 9.Spoon over dressing and garnish with an extra helping of herbs and chopped walnuts.
Key Ingredients: chicken- whole, with skin, butter, white wine, chicken stock, oil, spring onion paste, garlic paste, basil, mushrooms, Salt and pepper, tomato puree, lemon juice, herbs, cream,