How to make Root Vegetable Tikkis
Tikkis made of baked sweet potatoes, yams and potatoes, mixed in with seasoning and fried crisp.
Ingredients of Root Vegetable Tikkis
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 yam/ sooran
- 125 gms baked potatoes
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder, roasted
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder, roasted
- 1 tbsp dried pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp onions, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp corn flour
How to Make Root Vegetable Tikkis
- 1.Scrub, wash and pat dry the root vegetables.
- 2.Season with a little salt, pepper and olive oil.
- 3.Bake the yam, sweet potatoes and the potatoes for 35 minutes wrapped in aluminum foil in the oven.
- 4.The yam might take a little longer.
- 5.Mash the sweet potato, yam and potato with a fork or a masher.
- 6.Add a little salt, garam masala powder, cumin powder, dried pomegranate powder, chopped
- 7.onions, minced ginger, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, olive oil and bread crumbs.
- 8.Give it a little mix and add the cornstarch.
- 9.Refrigerate for a few minutes.
- 10.Shape as desired, and pan fry with olive oil using a non stick pan.
- 11.Cook to a golden brown on both sides.
- 12.Serve with chutney of your choice.
Key Ingredients: sweet potato, yam/ sooran, baked potatoes, garam masala powder, cumin powder, dried pomegranate seeds, minced ginger, onions, green chilli, coriander leaves, olive oil, fresh bread crumbs, corn flour