How to makee Sabziyon Ki Tehri
About Sabziyon Ki Tehri Recipe: Mixed vegetable rice cooked with yogurt, kasoori methi, varied spices and cream. A perfect rice recipe to serve for lunch as well as a side for dinner parties, sabziyon ki tehri is a delicious amalgamation of veggies and spices.
Ingredients of Sabziyon Ki Tehri
- 1 Cup rice
- 2 carrots
- 10 beans
- 2 potatoes
- 100 gms fresh peas
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 cup kasoori methi leaves
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 2 tsp yellow chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 8-10 green chillies, sliced
- 3 tsp ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1 tsp mace powder
- 1/2 cup cream
How to Make Sabziyon Ki Tehri
- 1.Soak the rice in double the amount of water for 20 minutes.
- 2.Peel and cut carrots, beans and potatoes into small diagonal pieces.
- 3.Boil water in a pan, add salt and blanch potatoes, carrots, peas and beans, separately for 2-3 minutes. Once they are boiled, rinse them in cold water.
- 4.Heat mustard oil in a vessel, add cumin seeds, garlic paste, kasoori methi leaves and saute.
- 5.Add water and cook for a minute. Add the vegetables and salt. Cook for sometime.
- 6.Now add yoghurt, yellow chilli powder, turmeric powder and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add water and boil it for sometime.
- 7.Add green chillies, ginger, green cardamom powder, mace powder and rice.
- 8.Gently stir and reduce the heat. Cover and cook for sometime.
- 9.Once the rice is cooked add the cream saute. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: rice, carrots, beans, potatoes, fresh peas, mustard oil, cumin seeds, garlic paste, kasoori methi leaves, thick yogurt, yellow chilli powder, turmeric powder, green chillies, ginger, green cardamom powder, mace powder, cream, Water