How To Make Basanti Pulao
About Basanti Pulao Recipe: Also known as Mishti or Mithe Pulao, this dish of Basanti Pulao is a Bengai festive delight that is made during auspicious occasion of Durga Puja or Bengali new year. A fragrant rice dish along with the goodness of raisins and cashew nuts give a royal touch to this Pulao recipe. Unique flavours with a sugary touch makes this dish a must try at home.
Ingredients of Basanti Pulao
- 3 Cups rice (cleaned, washed and smeared with ghee and turmeric)
- 30 Cashew nuts
- 30 Raisins
- 4 inch cinnamon stick (Dalchini
- 2 Cardamom seeds
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Vegetable oil
How to Make Basanti Pulao
- 1.Fry the raisins and the cashews in heated ghee mixed with vegetable oil.
- 2.Keep the fried raisin and cashew aside. Add more ghee into the pan and when heated add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- 3.Add the grated ginger or ginger paste and fry a little.
- 4.Add the rice (rested, smeared with turmeric and ghee), stir gently to mix with the flavours. Pour 6 cups of warm water along with salt and sugar.
- 5.When the water dries up and the rice is well-cooked add the cashews and raisins.
- 6.Pour rest of the ghee, mix gently and cover the pot. Turn of the flame.
- 7.Serve Basanti pulao hot.
Keep the rice ready half an hour before you start cooking.
You may serve the pulao with a salan or curd as an accompaniment.
Also read about more rice recipes that you can try at home.
Key Ingredients: rice (cleaned, washed and smeared with ghee and turmeric), Cashew nuts, Raisins, cinnamon stick (Dalchini, Cardamom seeds, Cloves, Bay leaves, turmeric powder, ginger, sugar, ghee, Vegetable oil