How to make Savory Corn Tarts
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Savory Corn Tarts Recipe: Move over tart shells made with maida, maize flour is here. Go gluten free with these savory maize tarts filled with a cheese and vegetable mixture. Oh so yummy!
Ingredients of Savory Corn Tarts
- For the crust:
- 1 cup corn meal / makki ka atta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 Whole egg
- For the filling:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- Handful of whole spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, boiled
- Salt and pepper (to flavor)
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 100 gms ricotta cheese
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp cheese + to sprinkle
How to Make Savory Corn Tarts
- Prepare the crust:
- 1.Pour the corn meal in a bowl and sprinkle in salt, sugar & thyme. Now add cheese and between your fingers start mashing it in with the flour.
- 2.To bring the dough together, add an egg and oil and bring it together to make it into crumbly dough. Do not use your palms while doing so, use your fingertips for a better texture.
- 3.Press the dough into moulds and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes, and later bake it in the oven for 10-15 minutes or till slightly golden.
- Prepare the filling:
- 1.In hot oil add the mushrooms, corn and spinach. After warming them up, add salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
- 2.Take the mixture off heat and add ricotta cheese, 1 egg, cheese & cream.
- 3.Pour filling into the tarts. Top it with a few strands of grated cheese and pop them in the oven for 20 minutes.
Key Ingredients: corn meal / makki ka atta, salt, sugar, thyme, cheddar cheese, oil, Whole egg, oil, mushrooms, whole spinach leaves, corn kernels, Salt and pepper (to flavor), A few sprigs of thyme, ricotta cheese, Egg, cream, cheese + to sprinkle