How To Make Spinach And Ricotta Cheese Canneloni
About Spinach And Ricotta Cheese Canneloni Recipe: Here's a super delicious cheesy canneloni packed with the goodness of spinach! It is nutrient-rich yet absolutely delicious!
Ingredients of Spinach And Ricotta Cheese Canneloni
- For the tomato sauce:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 x 400g cans tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- For the topping:
- 2 x 250g tubs mascarpone
- 3 tbsp milk
- 85 gms parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls, sliced
- For the filling:
- 1 kg spinach
- 100 gms parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- 3 x 250g ricotta
- A pinch of nutmeg, grated
- 400 gms dried canneloni
How to Make Spinach And Ricotta Cheese Canneloni
- Prepare tomato sauce:
- 1.Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the garlic for 1 min. Add the sugar, vinegar, tomatoes and some seasoning and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- 2.Add the basil and divide the sauce between 2 or more shallow ovenproof dishes. Set aside.
- 3.Make a sauce by beating the mascarpone with the milk until smooth, season and then set aside.
- 4.Put the spinach in a large colander and pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt it (you may need to do this in batches).
- 5.When cool enough to handle squeeze out the excess water. Roughly chop the spinach and mix in a large bowl with 100g parmesan and ricotta. Season well with salt, pepper and
- 6.Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Using a piping bag or plastic food bag with the corner snipped off, squeeze the filling into the cannelloni tubes.
- 7.Lay the tubes, side by side, on top of the tomato sauce and spoon over the mascarpone sauce. Top with parmesan and mozzarella.
- 8.You can now freeze the cannelloni, uncooked, or you can cook it first and then freeze.
- 9.Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Key Ingredients: olive oil, Garlic cloves (crushed), castor sugar, red wine vinegar, tomatoes, basil leaves, For the topping:, mascarpone, milk, parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), mozzarella balls, spinach, parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), ricotta, nutmeg, dried canneloni